Cranberry Moscow Mule Cocktail Recipes
A Cranberry Moscow Mule is a cocktail made with vodka or dark rum, spicy ginger beer, and lime juice, garnished with a slice or wedge of lime. It is a type of buck, therefore sometimes called a vodka buck.
The Cranberry Moscow mule is popularly served in a copper mug with mule cocktail recipes, which takes on the cold temperature of the liquid.
Some public health advisories recommend copper mugs be plated with nickel or stainless steel on the inside and the lip, but it has been disputed whether the time and acidity involved in the drinking of a Moscow mule would be enough to leach out the 30 milligrams of copper per liter needed to cause copper toxicity.
Cocktail Recipes Ingredients:
- 4 ounces ginger beer
- 4 ounces cranberry juice cocktail
- 2 ounces dark rum or vodka
- 1 lime, cut in half
- Crushed ice cubes
- Fresh or frozen cranberries
How to make Cranberry Moscow Mule Cocktail:
- Place 1 cup crushed ice into a copper mug.
- Add ginger beer, cranberry juice, rum, and the juice of a squeezed juice, rum, and the juice of a squeezed 1⁄2 lime in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well for 20-30 seconds until combined, then pour into the copper mug.
- Top with cranberries and garnish with a lime wheel and serve.