Dark 'N' Stormy aka "Dark Rum" Cocktail Recipes
A Dark ’n’ Stormy is a highball cocktail made with dark rum (the "dark") and ginger beer (the "stormy") served over ice and garnished with a slice of lime.
Lime juice and simple syrup are also frequently added. This cocktail recipes with rum is very similar to the Moscow mule except that the Dark 'n' Stormy has dark rum instead of cocktail recipes with vodka.
The original Dark 'N' Stormy was made with Gosling Black Seal rum and Barritt's Ginger Beer, but after the partnership between the two failed and the companies parted ways, Goslings created their own ginger beer.
Gosling Brothers claims that the drink was invented in Bermuda just after World War I.
Cocktail Recipes Ingredients:
- 2 ounces dark rum, preferably Gosling's
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice (optional)
- 1 candied ginger slice
- 3 ounces chilled ginger beer
- 1 lime wheel
How to make Dark 'N' Stormy Cocktail:
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the rum and lime juice and shake well.
- Strain into an ice-filled collins glass.
- Stir in the ginger beer.
- Skewer the ginger slice and lime wheel and garnish the cocktail.