Paloma Cocktail Recipes
The Paloma is a tequila-based cocktail. This tequila cocktail drink recipes is most commonly prepared by mixing tequila, lime juice, and a grapefruit-flavored soda such as Fresca, Squirt, or Jarritos and served on the rocks with a lime wedge. Adding salt to the rim of the glass is also an option.
Alternatively, the grapefruit soda can be replaced with fresh white or red grapefruit juice (jugo de toronja), club soda (sugar optional), and fresh-squeezed lime juice.
A simple Paloma cocktail recipes is a two-ingredient cocktail consisting only of tequila and grapefruit-flavored soda. A more complex variant of the Paloma is the cantarito, which in addition to lime juice, also has lemon juice and orange juice.
The Paloma is more flavorful than its closest relative, the Greyhound, which consists of grapefruit juice and either gin or vodka mixed and served over ice.
Cocktail Recipes Ingredients:
- Kosher salt
- 1 grapefruit wedge
- 1⁄4 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
1⁄4 cup mescal or tequila
- 1⁄4 cup club soda
How to make Paloma Cocktail:
- Pour some kosher salt on a plate.
- Rub half of rim of a highball glass with grapefruit wedge; dip rim of glass in salt.
- Combine grapefruit juice, lime juice, and sugar in glass; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in mescal, add ice, and top off with club soda.
- Garnish with grapefruit wedge.