The Melon Ball Classic Cocktail Recipes
The cocktail recipes classic Melon Ball, this vodka and Midori cocktail is traditionally made with orange juice but depending on your preference you can substitute pineapple or grapefruit for the OJ in this recipe.
The kitchen must gadget melon baller use to make melon balls. If you don’t have a melon baller you can simply cube the ripe honeydew instead.
Place the sheet pan in the freezer until the balls (or cubes) are completely frozen for tasty fruit ice cubes that are perfect for keeping this cocktail cool.
To give this cocktail recipes classic a new twist you can add a sprig of mint to your drink. Mint and melon are just one of those flavor combinations that are meant to be together. Mint or no mint, this drink is the perfect choice for melon lovers. Pair this classic cocktail with a simple cheese platter and a side of assorted nuts for a very civilized happy hour.
Cocktail Recipes Ingredients:
- 2 ounces melon liqueur (Midori)
- 1 ounce citrus vodka
- 1/2 ounce elderflower liqueur
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- Garnish: sugar (for rim)
- Garnish: melon ball
How to make Melon Ball Cocktail:
- Gather the ingredients.
- Rim a chilled cocktail glass with sugar: Use a piece of lemon to wet the rim before dipping it in sugar.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour the citrus vodka, elderflower liqueur, and lemon juice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into the prepared glass and garnish with a melon ball.